The Exhibition Assistance Program supports Ontario-based artists and artist collectives working in visual arts, craft, and media art practices in the presentation of their artwork in a confirmed public exhibition. It is a third-party recommender program; artists apply to galleries and organizations designated as recommenders for the program and the recommenders assess applications and submit grant recommendations to OAC.
Grant amounts must be a minimum of $500 and no more than $2,000.
Artspace acts as a recommender for the Ontario Arts Council’s Exhibition Assistance Program. The centre has two assessment deadlines. Our upcoming deadlines for the 2019 program are September 6, 2019 and January 3, 2020.
Applications are submitted through Nova, the Ontario Arts Council’s online submission platform. All applicants are notified of application outcomes by the OAC through their Nova account up to two months after the deadline dates.
- exhibitions in Ontario, in other Canadian provinces and in international locations
- exhibitions in public art galleries, artist-run centres and commercial art galleries
- solo and group shows
- do-it-yourself (DIY) or self-presented public exhibitions
- exhibitions in alternative public locations such as community centres, restaurants or rented spaces
- art fairs, collective studio tours and exhibits at trade fairs
- presentation costs, including framing, display structures, mounting and installation hardware and supplies and construction of structural elements specific to an installation
- audio-visual presentation equipment
- technical/installation fees
- crating and transportation of works of art
- exhibition venue rent or booth fee
- exhibition promotional expenses
Full program details and detailed instructions on how to apply, please visit the OAC’s website.
If you have any questions, contact Hannah Keating at email@example.com.